The overall job purpose is to carry out the tasks outlined below in a timely and efficient manner. Achieving fabrication and other production targets, resulting in the facilitation of continued improvement of the company.
The welder need to have a good understanding general fabrication be able to weld to a very high standard using Tig process, most welds are in the vertical position be competent using hand held grinders and have a good general knowledge of welding.
Literate and able to understand information prescribed within Weld Procedure Specifications (WPS)
Our material range is between 2mm and 12mm but mostly 4mm to 6mm it is 304 stainless steel and some aluminium, a weld test will be given along with a job knowledge test.
Mainly TIG welding experience but MIG is also good to have as we do a bit of that here.
• Carry out required welding using a mixture of TIG and MIG welding techniques
• Gain and keep required Welding codes
• Understand information prescribed within Weld Procedure Specifications (WPS).
• Carry out welding tasks to required safety, quality and efficiency standards.
• Be able to efficiently complete a number of non-welding activities (ie. Forming, grinding, operate overhead cranes, Port pulling & waterjet)
• Interact with support functions and/or other departments.
• Be flexible and willing to learn new process and products in line with business needs
• Engage in continued improvement ideas
• Flexible attitude
• Demonstrates active support and helps other members of the team
• Makes and communicates clear decisions and is flexible, proactive and positive in approaching business needs.
• Active participant in problem solving and generates ideas for improvement initiatives.
• Willingness to engage with other department
The following are essential for this role –
• Experience in a manufacturing industry
• Experience with TIG
• Experience with a selection of fabrication techniques
The following are strongly desirable for this role –
• Experience with MIG welding
• Experience working with pressure vessels or similar
All staff have the following responsibilities, whereby they must –
• Take responsibility for aspects of Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) over which they have control, including suggesting and implementing ways to improve safety.
• Take reasonable care for their own health and safety as well as the safety of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
• Refrain from intentionally misusing or recklessly interfering with anything that has been provided for health and safety reasons.
• Adhere to and comply with all policies and requirements outlined in the company handbook, risk assessments, training and work instructions.
• Report all potential or existing hazards, defects, risks or breakdowns, to a responsible person without delay.
• Not undertake any task for which authorisation and / or training has not been given.
• To promote and maintain a culture of continued improvement.
37 hours per week. On either –
• Monday – Thursday 5:45 – 13:45
• Friday 5:00 – 13:00
• Monday – Thursday 14:15 – 22:25
• Friday 13:00 – 19:00
OVER TIME PAY:
• 1.5x Monday – Friday
• 1.5 Saturday until 1pm
• 2x Saturday after 1pm & Sunday & BH
• Quarterly Production Bonus (based on their efficiencies & quality of work)
• Company bonus scheme
• Annual Salary review
• Private Medical
• Pension – Match to 8% (Option to do salary sacrifice)
• Life insurance
• 185 hours holiday (+BH)
£25,770 – £26,432pa. There is some room to increase but candidates would have to be exceptional for that. The late shift are eligible for a 14% shift allowance on top of basic salary.
For further information, please contact the Conor on 01793 200110, where a member of staff will be more than happy to help.
KCJ TES is a recruitment agency based in Wiltshire.