TIG WELDER – ABINGDON
We are looking for the best candidate to join a well-established, successful client who are recognised experts in the design and production of pressure vessels/MRI scanners.
Employing around 100+ people, investing in the latest technologies, techniques, and processes to improve productivity and quality output in order to exceed customers’ expectations.
The primary purpose of this role is to execute the outlined tasks efficiently and promptly, contributing to the achievement of fabrication and production targets, and promoting ongoing improvements within the company.
£29,381 - £35,074 Per Year (with a potential for progression in line with in-house experience and skills training per year).
There is an additional late shift allowance of 14%.
- Late 14:15 - 22:25 and 13:00 - 19:00 on a Friday.
- Perform essential welding tasks employing a combination of TIG and MIG welding techniques.
- Acquire and maintain the necessary Welding codes.
- Interpret and follow instructions as detailed in Weld Procedure Specifications (WPS).
- Execute welding duties in compliance with safety, quality, and efficiency standards.
- Proficiently complete various non-welding activities such as forming, grinding, operating overhead cranes, Port pulling, and waterjet operations.
- Collaborate with support functions and/or other departments.
- Display flexibility and a willingness to learn new processes and products in alignment with business requirements.
- Contribute to the generation of ideas for continuous improvement.
- Flexibility in approach.
- Actively supports and assists fellow team members.
- Demonstrates the ability to make and communicate clear decisions.
- Proactively addresses business needs with a positive attitude.
- Actively participates in problem-solving and generates suggestions for improvement initiatives.
- Willingness to engage with other departments.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing industry.
- Proficiency in TIG welding.
- Familiarity with a range of fabrication techniques.
- Competence in MIG welding.
- Experience working with pressure vessels or similar structures.
All employees are obliged to uphold the following responsibilities:
- Assume responsibility for aspects of Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) that fall under their control.
- Adhere to the Company's OH&S requirements, as defined in OH&S policies, risk assessments, work instructions, and through training.
- Exercise reasonable care for their own health and safety.
- Consider the safety of other individuals who may be affected by their actions or inactions.
- Work in accordance with provided information and training.
- Abstain from intentionally misusing or recklessly interfering with any equipment or processes provided for health and safety reasons.
- Promptly report any hazardous defects in plant and equipment, or inadequacies in existing safety arrangements, to a responsible person.
- Refrain from undertaking any task for which they have not received proper authorization and/or training.
- Promote and maintain a culture of ongoing Risk Assessments.
How to Apply:
Register with us today to explore exciting job opportunities.
For additional details about available positions, please contact Joe at 01793 200110.
KCJ is an esteemed recruitment agency headquartered in Swindon, Wiltshire.