QUANTITY SURVEYOR – SWINDON
We have an amazing opportunity to join the team at a prestigious and well-respected company based in Swindon.
Hybrid/Remote working available.
£50,000 - £60,000 per year depending on experience.
The main duties will include but not limited to:
- Procurement, subcontract management inclusive of administration of the contract.
- Checking any contracts such as JCT / NEC contracts to ensure GSL are protected.
- Assisting the estimators with preparing tender and contract documents.
- Regular assessment of work, variation assessment and payment recommendation in line with Sub-contract conditions.
- Attending pre-let meetings with operational staff.
- External Valuations.
- Timely submissions in accordance with Contract requirements to maximise profit, along with financial reporting.
- Liasing with contract managers relating to the running of the project.
- Regular reporting of accurate cost value reconciliations and forecasting.
- Issuing any payless notices for any suppliers relating to the project.
- Identifying risks, making recommendations as to how risk can be overcome.
- Take off's for pricing ie CAD, Bluebeam etc.
- Assisting with any re-measurements.
- Visiting sites if required to assist with any issues that may have arisen and deal directly with the client.
- Liasing with finance Dept regarding Final Accounts.
- Checking over all green sheets that are submitted for all sites and if any issues make all concerned aware.
- Identifying and exploiting fully opportunities.
- Contractual Matters.
- Promptly and fully address all contractual matters to always protect the Company’s position.
- Develop and foster collaborative working relationships with Clients, Supply Chain and internal Teams.
- Ensure the safe working practices are adopted and followed throughout in accordance with current legislation and the companies Policy and Procedures.
Quantity Surveyor Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in quantity surveying, engineering, management, or similar.
- Construction estimating or finance experienced is advantageous.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Sound knowledge of construction and surfacing industries.
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organise, plan, and strategies.
- A valid driver's license.
- Great networking abilities.
Register with us today!
Get in touch with Joe on: 01793 200110 for more information regarding any jobs that you may be looking for.
KCJ is a recruitment agency based in Swindon, Wiltshire.