Milton Park – Process Engineer
- Experience of Solidworks modelling software
- Welding and Fabrication
- Metal Forming Techniques
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- Mechanical engineering degree, equivalent or equivalent experience
- Experience of solid modelling and 3-D CAD systems
- Experience of introducing new component design and utilising different manufacturing technologies.
- Good communications skills
- Ability to manage projects through from conception to implementation, involving customers and suppliers.
- Experience of pressure vessel design
- Experience in designing and implementing New processes
- Experience in designing tooling, jigs and fixtures.
- Experience in creating engineering specifications. (for tools, jigs and fixtures)
To provide mechanical and process engineering expertise to increase the Company’s capabilities and to introduce new products and processes into the Company portfolio.
- Process Development Projects: You will support and ensure the efficient introduction of new products and processes into manufacturing, on time and within budget to the company’s quality standards and agreed yield and efficiency levels.
- New process projects: Support the interface between design and manufacturing on new product introduction and development, ensuring project timelines are met and the product/process is designed for manufacture (both maintenance and operation)
- Process Design: Design, develop, optimise and maintain processes. Design required jigs and fixtures working within project time and cost targets agreed for new product development.
- Engineering Specifications : Create engineering specifications for production tooling, jigs and fixtures and to ensure smooth communication of requirements to in-house or sub-contractor manufacturing companies
- Process Technology: Evaluate new concepts in relation to processes and manufacturing, in line with the Technology Roadmap and Manufacturing Technology Development Projects. Developing your own expertise in designated area(s), and to share this expertise with others in the business as required
- Validation: Perform necessary, process validations and other quality system documentation requirements to support new product introduction and development.
- Documentation: Prepare required documentation for above thus ensuring smooth transition into manufacturing. Ensure a full history of process and product evolution is documented and maintained, including drawings, sketches, calculations, records etc.
- Compliance: Work in accordance with Company Quality Standards, procedures and processes and comply with the requirements AD Merkblatt,PD5500 and EN13445.
Our Client has the following responsibilities whereby all employees must:
- Take responsibility for aspects of Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) over which they have control.
- Adhere to the Company’s OH&S requirements (defined in OH&S policy, risk assessments, work instructions and through training, etc.).
- Take reasonable care for their own health and safety.
- Consider the safety of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- Work in accordance with information and training provided.
- Refrain from intentionally misusing or recklessly interfering with anything that has been provided for health and safety reasons.
- Report any hazardous defects in plant and equipment, or shortcomings in the existing safety arrangements, to a responsible person without delay.
- Not undertake any task for which authorisation and / or training has not been given.
- To promote and maintain a culture of continued Risk Assessments.
For further information, please contact Head Office on 01793 200110.