Milton Park – Assistant Planner
- Good analytical skills and critical thinking, to enhance Planning effectiveness.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (further training can be provided where necessary) as well as good knowledge of an ERP system.
- An organised approach and comfortable with administrative based.
- This is a proactive role and the ability and willingness to approach managers and colleagues for information and guidance are key.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- A clear, logical and strategic thinker, with high degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to work flexibly in both time and manner, responding to business demands and customer requirements, as well as providing support to other functions when required.
- Proactive personality and a self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to identify and escalate business critical decisions appropriately.
- Active participant in problem solving and generating ideas for system and process improvement initiatives.
- Previous experience within operational planning and scheduling.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, Project Management led planning.
- A background within Engineering would be useful but is not essential.
- Purchasing experience would be helpful.
To assist in providing timely, effective and professional planning services to the Company; to help deliver clear, data-driven production schedules in line with Customer quotations and agreed delivery schedules; to monitor work in progress and identify solutions to maximise efficiencies in support of Production.
The Planning Department are the ‘Go to Team’ in terms of our Production Schedule and operational information; having someone who has their finger on the pulse and is aware of the latest developments and changes is essential to the success of the Team.
Key Accountabilities (to include but not limited to):
- To monitor and report on finished goods stock levels against agreed targets.
- To help identify, report and implement planning and scheduling process improvements.
- To assist in ensuring that clear communications of project timelines, material deliveries, key deadlines or agreed review points, work orders and transport requirements are made available to Production in order to provide on time delivery of each Project, in line with Customer expectations.
- To support the Production Manager in the planning of labour hours against capacity of the Production workforce to ensure efficiencies are maximised and that overtime is planned and accounted for within the Customer quotations prior to agreement.
- To monitor stock availability and variances to ensure supplies are available in line with Production planning or to escalate to the responsible lead to establish new delivery dates and adjust plan accordingly.
- To work with the Materials Handlers to arrange inventory cycle counts and ensure the ERP systems accuracy is maintained.
- To become confident in using the ERP system and to support the Planning Coordinator through knowledge of the stock control and production functions within it.
- To receive and enter Sales Orders on to the ERP system in an accurate and timely manner.
- To liaise with the Engineering department to ensure accuracy of any Bill of Materials (BOM).
- To attend the daily Production meetings to explain notable changes and/or issues to the wider team.
- Understand factory safety standards, be able to work safely and be aware of potential hazards in the work place.
- Follow safety protocol, including wearing PPE – such as, gloves, protective footwear, ear plugs or defenders, where necessary.
- We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Salary c. £23,000
- Private healthcare
- Flexible working (core hours are 10am to 3pm Monday to Thursday, and 9am to 12pm Friday)
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Working 37 hours per week, we have onsite parking and are easily accessible by public transport.
For further information, please contact Head Office on 01793 200110.