The Logistics Driver/Operative reports to the Logistics Manager and is responsible for the safe handling of goods passing through the warehouse. The job holder will also be required to drive such vehicles as are provided by the company, ensuring safe loading of goods and securing the load appropriately within the vehicle before transporting goods to customer sites and other locations as required.
- Drive safely and efficiently and within all legal restrictions.
- To ensure that all internal administrative systems are maintained and are in accordance with company procedures.
- To submit all reports, time sheets and correspondence as instructed and in accordance with company procedures.
- To ensure that where external communication is required the company’s profile is protected at all times.
- To drive and maintain all allotted vehicles in accordance with company procedures and the vehicle’s operating instructions.
- To observe at all times all Tachograph and similar statutory regulations and to maintain any stipulated records.
- To be responsible for the loading of the vehicle and securing the load safely within the vehicle.
- To deliver all goods in accordance with the company’s internal procedures.
- To observe the company’s rules and regulations in accordance with Aviation Security regarding the security of the warehouse, its contents and associated vehicles and in particular the control and supervision of all non-warehouse and logistics team personnel.
- To fully participate in and to endorse the company’s arrangements for Total Quality Management throughout the business in all its dealings.
- Checking delivered items against paperwork to ensure correct item has been delivered in the correct quantity and without damage.
- Following training, booking in items both in Helis and SAP, ensuring KPIs are met.
- Locating items safely in the Warehouse / Factory in either the given location (SAP, Kan Ban) or in a suitable location, fitting to the size and nature of the item, carrying out any scanning action required.
- Picking items as directed, in a safe and efficient manner, ensuring utmost care is taken to pick the correct item, required scanning activity is carried out and no damage occurs.
- Collection of items from neighbouring companies.
- Delivery to, and collection from, the factory line all goods and equipment ensuring correct paperwork is attached and KP’s are met.
- Packing items in accordance with customer directives and in such a manner that ensures safe arrival of items within the required time frame to ensure KPI’s are met.
- Stocktaking activities as directed.
- Maintenance of a clean and tidy work place.
- Undertake multi-skill and technical as well as Health and Safety training (within Europe) as necessary to support the ethos of the Transport, Warehouse and Logistics team and to provide job cover within the team as necessary.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested.
- Experienced driver with clean C+E driving licence.
- Counterbalance / reach FLT licences
- A positive and customer focused attitude.
- Ability to maintain accurate paperwork with a keen eye for detail
- Good communication skills
- Warehouse / Logistics experience including SAP / Kan Ban
- Experience of using an indoor crane
- Use of hand-held 2D scanners
For further information, please contact our Wantage Branch on 01235 242240.
Michael - 07377836558
Russell - 07523916539