GRADUATE QUANTITY SURVEYOR/SURFACING ESTIMATOR – SWINDON
We have an amazing opportunity to join the team at a prestigious and well-respected company based in Swindon. Our client is looking for a Graduate Quantity Surveyor and a Graduate Surfacing Estimator. This is an incredible opportunity for someone to kick start an amazing career!
Working with the Senior team you will seek to minimise the cost and risk of a construction project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required legal standards and quality. This includes ensuring statutory building regulations are met.
Travel is expected as part of this role to construction sites, company fixed locations and other project related needs.
As a Graduate Quantity Surveyor/surfacing estimator, you will be responsible for
- Ensure the development and delivery of the project runs in conjunction with business expectations, programme and budget.
- Analyse subcontract quotations.
- Review conditions and/or qualifications assist with drafting and negotiating contract types prior to submission of a tender.
- Ensure the preparation of interim applications, including works executed, materials on site and works by subcontractors is submitted to the Client’s team by agreed deadline.
- Evaluate, measure and recover contract variations.
- Measurement and take-offs. The ability to analyse drawings and provide take-offs to allow work scope to be costed.
- Site Measurement.
- Gather records to confirm additional payments where required and defend claims received from subcontractors.
- Review, assess and reduce commercial and contractual risks.
- Assist with the procurement of subcontractors.
- Responsible for effective dispute resolution.
- Generate payments and distribute notices to suppliers and subcontractors, including the measurement of works and differences executed to evaluate final costs and accounts.
- Contribute to the submission of weekly financial forecasting including the assembling of contract costs.
- Preparation of estimates and costs of the work and when the project is in progress.
- Keeping records of any variations to the contract that may affect costs and create reports to show profitability.
Your required Skills and Experience
- Hold a degree in Quantity Surveying with a 2:2 or higher.
- Hold a full UK driving license.
- Demonstrate a strong interest in the commercial aspects of engineering and looking for a dynamic workplace that provides an outstanding career opportunity.
- Excellent communication skills, be able to work flexibly in a team and be a hard worker.
Working hours; 07:30 – 17:30.
Pay; £25,000 per year.
Register with us today!
Get in touch with Joe on: 01793 200110 for more information regarding any jobs that you may be looking for.
KCJ is a recruitment agency based in Swindon, Wiltshire.